Seeking a hard-working creative, passionate about fashion and learning about our exciting industry. You will be working in LA designer Heidi Merrick's studio. Tasks required will involve everything from buying fabric for upcoming designs, creating cut tickets, organizing and tidying the studio to making patterns and cuts. This position will be a great learning experience and an eye into how a functioning design studio operates.
Looking for someone to start immediately as an intern and hopefully grow into full time assistant to designer.
2-3 days a week
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Passionate about fashion, beautiful aesthetics, Made in America design and California lifestyle
- Able to cut fabrics and make patterns.
- Strong foundation and understanding of the design process
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to be proactive when coming across questions and finding the self motivation to seek solutions
- Have the ability to multi-task
- Strong visualization skills
- Willingness to do the "little things" to further improve the efficiency of our environment (cleaning, organizing etc)
Job Type: Intern assistant to designer